F20 System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Jul 22 19:15:26 UTC 2013

Le Lun 22 juillet 2013 20:52, Lennart Poettering a écrit :

> This is not a valid argument. We cannot keep extending the core all the
> time by adding more and more redundant components to them, just because
> we believe this will cause APIs to be tested.

No one is asking to extend the core. You are asking to redefine it that's
not the same.

> Also, what kind of a picture does this paint of the Fedora project
> anyway? Only stuff we install by default matters and is tested?

Not configuring what we install does not paint a good image of the
project. OTOH, the MTAs themselves are several orders of magnitude more
robust than all the other bits we install (including, right now, systemd).
So the picture is clearly mixed.

--
Nicolas Mailhot