EPEL (was Re: RFC: Proposal for a more agile "Fedora.next" (draft of my Flock talk))

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 23 00:13:17 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 12:13:25PM -0600, Eric Smith wrote:
> But it's not an objective of Fedora to have long-term-stable releases
> suitable for running servers!  No one in their right mind runs any
> rapid development distribution (not just Fedora) on critical
> infrastructure.

I'd like to qualify this a little bit. Some people certainly do, including
in such surprising places as high-frequency trading, and in other places as
a base for virtualization across many servers. Maybe these people aren't
exactly in their right minds, and these are certainly special cases, but
Fedora *is* really used in critical infrastructure.