F20 System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Tue Jul 23 00:14:32 UTC 2013

On Monday 22 July 2013 21:00:36 Lennart Poettering wrote:
> If you argue from the viewpoint of how universially available an API is
> to make it "standard", then I would like to remind you that there are
> probably more Ubuntu installations in the world thatn Fedora
> installations, and they haven't included any MTA by default in 6 years
> or so.

Finally I know what I was missing all these years ;-)

[sorry, it was just too good, though you have a valid point]

BTW: nobody ever answered how desktop users are supposed to read the
     output of their cron-jobs (they don't have permissions to read logs).

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron