F20 System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Tue Jul 23 01:43:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Monday 22 July 2013 21:15:14 Lennart Poettering wrote:
> The point I am trying to make is that if you have something that is
> vulnerable to a DoS attack you need to have a strategy to handle
> that.

A very simple strategy exists -- alias root's mail to a regular user.

I previously said it should be done during installation for usability
reasons -- now you've just added another good reason.

Please note that this is relevant even for the suggested world
of "non-MTA-by-default", because some people (horror, shock, awe)
may actually install one.
(unless DoS traps are OK for non-default installed packages...)

Bye,

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron