EPEL (was Re: RFC: Proposal for a more agile "Fedora.next" (draft of my Flock talk))

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 23 14:59:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 02:37:57PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Not the current one no but if people are willing to maintain a
> longer release cycle there is nothing preventing them from doing so.

The only thing is that it's _really hard_ and almost certainly requires
full-time workers to make happen. I know this because we tried to do it with
Fedora Legacy. That was moderately successful at extending the lifetime of
Red Hat Linux 9, but not at all at continuing longer-term support for new
Fedora releases.

If people are interested in stepping up to make this happen and have a
long-term sustainable plan, that would be awesome.