Need some help with 'AutoQA: depcheck test FAILED on x86_64'

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Tue Jul 23 17:27:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:32:55 +0200
Jiri Popelka <jpopelka at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been seeing [1] for couple of recent updates but have no idea
> what's wrong.
> I already added arch specific requirements, but that's not sufficient.
> I tend to think it's false positive because nobody reported any real
> problems with updates so far.
> Can anybody show me what am I missing ? Thanks.

Unfortunately, you're hitting a limitation in the depcheck test.

What's going on is that only the x86_64 builds are being checked when
both the x86_64 and i686 builds are "installed". Since the older i686
build of libsane-hpaio can't coexist with the newer x86_64 build and
isn't being updated, yum correctly (given the test setup) detects a
dependency issue and depcheck fails the update.

With the current depcheck and the current dependencies among the hplip
builds, I don't have a good solution to fix the problem. depcheck works
well in most situations, this is just one of the corner cases that it
trips over. Eventually, we want to replace depcheck with something
better but I don't even have a guess as to when that will happen :(

For future reference, you're likely to get a faster response by sending
test failure questions to qa-devel@ instead of devel at . I happened to
see this email quickly but we're not usually watching devel@ as closely
as qa-devel@ or test at .

Tim