EPEL (was Re: RFC: Proposal for a more agile "Fedora.next" (draft of my Flock talk))

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jul 23 23:02:44 UTC 2013

Am 24.07.2013 00:46, schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:
> On 07/23/2013 09:11 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>> For the record, I'd like you to have a look at basically any
>> community-reported bug in the 'sssd' component of BZ or
>> community-submitted patches on the sssd-devel list. That's a project
>> comprised nearly entirely of Red Hat employees.[1]
>>
>> You may notice that our *first* reaction to anyone contributing a
>> patch or a bug is to say "Thank you!". I find your assertion that all
>> Red Hatters are aloof or ungracious to be quite insulting.
>
> As it is to me insulting from those that dont

and it does *not* matter in a specific case if it was a Read Hat employee or not

> and as you are well aware of who Harald is

*wow* that sounds objective..........

> then it's quite obvious I did not mean "all" while he claimed all Red Hat
> employees  had good effects  on the project

quote me where i said this - you will find it nowhere!

you simply should stop to make a difference between "Read Hat employees"
and community members which you do often enough, not more and not less

you claimed more than once that they are a less woth part of the community
because they get paid for their work and are not completly free in their
doings - sometimes this sounds like envy