F20 System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Wed Jul 24 13:58:42 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 02:11:18PM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le Mer 24 juillet 2013 13:11, Lennart Poettering a écrit :
>
> > The second part of my mail that you conveniently removed actually
> > explains why that doesn't work: because the SASL auth is inherently
> > per-user configuration but in sendmail you can configure it only
> > globally for the client side.
>
> Then replace sendmail with something better.
>
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_sender_dependent_authentication
Doesn't this require creating an account on the server for those
administrative jobs and either turning off authentication when sending
mail, or storing authentication credentials for each of those mail
accounts in the postfix config file?

> Here, done, time elapsed: 1 min googling.
Great. But does this really solve anything except refuting the most
immediate statement by Lennart, taken out of context?

Zbyszek
--
they are not broken. they are refucktored
                           -- alxchk