F20 System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail

Frank Ch. Eigler fche at redhat.com
Wed Jul 24 14:10:04 UTC 2013

Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> writes:

> [...]  essentially boils down to "I hate change". Which is an OK
> opinion to have, but certainly not four Fedora, where the four Fs
> mean "Freedom, Friends, Features, First". The "First" indicates that
> we should be pioneers, and *not* the guys who never change because
> we are deeply suspicous of any change that is against "our
> tradition".  [...]

It's tempting to carry this argument too far.  We can be first with
good new ideas; first with experimental stuff; first with additions.
We need not be first with bad ideas (and discussions here are a way of
figuring out good from bad, let's not beg the question).  We also need
not be first when it comes to subtraction of functionality.

- FChE