F20 System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 16:35:48 UTC 2013

On 07/15/2013 10:36 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> = Proposed System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/NoDefaultSendmail
>
> Change owner(s): Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering net>, Matthew
> Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject org>
>
> No longer install an MTA by default. (Specifically let's remove sendmail from
> @core and @standard comps groups.)

Good change, thanks for doing this.

I think it makes sense to keep the minimal installation groups truly
minimal. Those who need an MTA can always install it afterwards; and my
server admin friends say that _not_ installing sendmail by default makes
their life easier, because that way they have full control over what
services get installed and enabled.

And with my desktop user hat on, I welcome removal of bloat that I don't
need.

Thanks again!

--
Kalev