Fedora as an crowd founded project an additional funding source to our sponsor

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Jul 24 21:39:35 UTC 2013

Le mercredi 24 juillet 2013 à 10:31 -0400, Darryl L. Pierce a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 09:05:40AM -0500, inode0 wrote:
> > >
> > > Are these people going to be paid for their efforts, since it's
> > > completely non-technical?
> >
> > Why is being non-technical related in any way to paying someone to do it?
>
> It's an administrative role. I'd assume that you'd pay somebody who's
> going to be doing this job. If not, that's fine. That's why I asked if
> it was going to be paid for, since it's a lot more work than just
> writing checks.`

So you assume that "administrative" mean "not fun", so "people will not
do it for free" ?

On one hand, i would agree, this is quite hard to find a good treasurer,
motivated, etc. On the other hand, there is lots of group doing it
around you. Having someone paid for that would be kinda self defeating,
and having a world wide group is the real issue, knowing the various law
around the world is nightmarish.

--
Michael Scherer