F20 Self Contained Change: Apache OpenOffice

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Jul 25 11:44:50 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> = Proposed Self Contained Change: Apache OpenOffice =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ApacheOpenOffice
>
> Change owner(s): Andrea Pescetti <pescetti at apache.org>
>
> Add Apache OpenOffice [1], the free productivity suite, to Fedora.

This Change was accepted conditionally by FESCo on 2013-07-24 meeting.

Change is accepted under the condition that the conflicts with
libreoffice must be worked out. openoffice and libreoffice packagers
get to work them out. There is no Fesco mandate that libreoffice
must change to accomodate openoffice at this time. alternatives
is not the way to resolve the conflicts but environment-modules
may be looked at as a similar means to achieve that.

mattdm wants this to be perfectly clear: FESCo does not grant
automatic exceptions to our processes on any basis.

See https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1140

Jaroslav