RFC: Proposal for a more agile "Fedora.next" (draft of my Flock talk)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jul 25 18:42:24 UTC 2013

Am 25.07.2013 20:29, schrieb drago01:
>> I am fine with splitting out the actual enduser apps out, but that's
>> nothing that can happen before we actually have a sane concept of
>> apps. But for the rest we should work on creating one strong unified
>> platform rather than a conglomerate of puzzle pieces that won't fit
>> together. You just weaken the name of Fedora that way, we won't stand
>> for anything anymore but a set of awkwardly non-integrated unsynced
>> components.
>>
>> Sorry, but I am not buying this proposal, it appears to go 180° in the
>> wrong diretcion...
>
> Exactly and pretty much all (successful) competitors do it that way
> (that's not limited to linux distributions)

and if they would have found the one and only right way we would not
need different distributions at all because we would have found the
one and only environment fit for everybody

i saw a lot of (successful) competitors come and go in the
past 10 years in case of our business and if we would have
followed them bldindly we would have gone down the same way