Proposal: ReadOnlyDirectories /etc and /usr for network-services

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jul 25 19:01:59 UTC 2013

Am 25.07.2013 20:51, schrieb drago01:
>> *you* can *not* fix anything in packages
>
> Sure I can done that countless times in the past or IOW no idea what
> that is supposed to mean.

it means webinterfaces nobody outside our company will ever
be possible to touch or see controlling httpd, dbmail, postfix,
trafficserver, dhcpd, dovecot, named, unbound, prosody, asterisk
and bring them together in *one* unique web-interface and spread
over 20 machines

if you visiit vienna ping me and i will show you things most
can not imagine running on Fedora since F9 and yum-upgraeded
all the years while mostly devleopd outside Linux until 2008

>> in my case these are over more than 10 years grown environments
>
> Irrelevant

for you...........

>> responsible for over 600 domains which was migrated from MacOSX
>> to Fedora years ago,
>
> Irrelevant

>> there are a *lot* of packages involved which
>> are not existing for Fedora in the public
>
> There might still be bugs in them (and/or in the selinux-policy package).
> Being more specific would be way more productive. Like "my app tries
> to do X but fails with the following message"

my app does not exist outside the own infrastrcuture