rpmbuild --buildarch equivalent?

Juerg Haefliger juergh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 10:49:01 UTC 2013

>> Hi,
>>
>> A long time ago rpmbuild used to have an option --buildarch to
>> override the arch detection. What is its equivalent nowadays? Sorry,
>> couldn't figure it out so far.
>>

> --target=x86_64

Hmm... That builds a package for x86_64 even if there is a
'ExcludeArch: x86_64' statement in the specfile. Maybe I should
elaborate some more. I have a spec file that builds a bunch of
subpackages some of which shouldn't be built for different
architectures. I just want to verify that the right subpackages are
built for the right architectures.

> but nowadays I use mock to build packages

Yeah, I just thought there is an easier way using some commandline
switches or macros.

...Juerg