Fedora as an crowd founded project an additional funding source to our sponsor

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 13:32:22 UTC 2013

On 07/26/2013 01:07 PM, Michael Scherer wrote:

> Working in IT @Red Hat, I concur, and I am pretty sure that no one has
> all the information to make that estimation. Network, hosting and
> storage are all under different budgets for different team, and all
> aggregated ( cause the DC where RH host Fedora server is not dedicated
> to Fedora, far from it ), and everybody has better things to do that
> splitting usage by project,

Not following what you mean by project.

On one hand you have Red Hat the company and on the other you have
Fedora the project which means two entirely separated infrastructures.
yeah sure these two might be communicating heavily between themselves
unless ofcourse you want to risk issues from either the company or the
project being able to directly affect each other when someone screws up
or something fails or something needs to be updated in either the
company or the project and that's just bad administrator practices.

JBG