RFC: Proposal for a more agile "Fedora.next" (draft of my Flock talk)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jul 25 22:08:39 UTC 2013

Am 26.07.2013 00:04, schrieb Eric Smith:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>> if that would be the case i would not run Apache 2.4, and Zend Opcache
>> in production on Fdora 17
>
> I wouldn't run *anything* in production on Fedora 17. That's what the
> downstream "enterprise" distributions are for

if your business is rapid development you won't be happy
with a LTS distribution for al long time because you
can't run most recent software which is your business
because outdated libraries

enterprsie distributions are fine for running out
of the box software but *not* if developemnt is
your daily business

building PHP, Apache, MariaDB, dbmail, postfix, netatalk
in the last recent version on top of F17/F18 is simple
and a dist-upgrade takes around 5 minutes per server

doing a upgrade from RHEL5 to RHEL6 is nearly impossible
and their is also no migartioon path to RHEL7 / systemd