F20 System Wide Change: Web Assets

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Jul 26 17:00:18 UTC 2013

Le Lun 22 juillet 2013 21:58, Robert Marcano a écrit :

> The real problem with publishing things is that if I distribute binaries
> of many things I must follow the license, some say I need to distribute
> sources, some say that I need to distribute a copy of the license, etc.
> Making files downloadable by default adds to the distributor more work
> (legal) because they must comply with their licenses. So if I put an
> open service of an Apache licensed web application, I will start
> distributing fonts with other licenses without ever noticing, for
> example GPL+3 (nothing against any license, only examples of the things
> people should care when distributing free/open licensed code/assets)

Again, the fonts available in Fedora are carefully vetted and none of them
have redistribution restrictions (and even for those with GPLish licenses
a large part of the font community considers the font file is the font
source, so you can't redistribute one without the other)

I understand your point but please take another example.

--
Nicolas Mailhot