Default libkrb5 ccache location

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Fri Jul 26 18:40:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, 26.07.13 14:20, Simo Sorce (simo at redhat.com) wrote:

> We want this thing to work by default, having normal users to find out
> this lingering concept exist because operations that currently works
> start failing is already a big failure.

OK, this is the deal-breaker. The thing about XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is that it
has a strict life-time. If you don't want that, then XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is
simply not the tool for the job.

(That said, I don't agree with your requirement. Earlier you said you
want to make /tmp poly-instantiated -- which is a goal I agree with --
which would mean that $HOME is the *only* persistent storage you have)

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.