RFC: Proposal for a more agile "Fedora.next" (draft of my Flock talk)

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Sat Jul 27 11:40:45 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

I can't comment on other things but Eclipse and I can assure you that one gets more integrated and with more functionality IDE and with critical fixes applied timely than what can one
download elsewhere. Simple example - the most common bug I see is a crash of Eclipse due to newer webkit in Fedora than what upstream Eclipse supports, this is fixed in fedora and such problems are resolved way faster in our packages than upstream.
About other Java based communities it's up to them.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team