Summary of accepted Fedora 20 Changes - week 30

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 23:00:03 UTC 2013

On 7-27-13 12:11:03 Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-07-27 at 12:54 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> >
> > so i am maintaing more than 20 fedora machines
>
> The typical user will have exactly one Fedora desktop.

/me counts my desktop systems.  1.  Check.

> He will never
> ever look at his system logs.

Oops.

(I actually uninstalled syslog and only use journalctl [awesome] now.
But I do look at the logs.)

> If you told him that his computer can send
> him email, his head would explode.

Naw.  Been using these for decades.  Works good.  Lasts a long time.
(Of course, I always have to make up for Fedora's broken installation
by updating my aliases file.  But I've had to do that since Solaris
2.5 days.)

> You can yum install sendmail if you want it, without forcing it on
> Grandma. You really can.

Well, yes.  But I'm not sure this discussion really has a handle on
the typical *Fedora* user.  But hey, I don't have real data either.

Just one "typical" user data point.

--
Garry T. Williams