Software Management call for RFEs

Jan Zelený jzeleny at redhat.com
Mon Jun 3 07:38:47 UTC 2013

On 2. 6. 2013 at 14:43:15, enclair wrote:
> I'd like a tool similar to portaudit in FreeBSD or debscan in Debian. This
> tool should list all packages which have a security issue. Currently there
> is yum-security-plugin but it lists packages only if an update is
> available. The new tool would list vulnerable packages even if no update is
> available yet, so that the user can take precaution.

Are you sure this is within the scope of Software management? I'd say that the
line is exactly between the existing and requested solution. The existing
solution is within our scope (there is a security update) while the requested
is more of an independent tool taking information from any place there is for
this sort of information (there has been a security risk reported at XXX, take
a look).

Thanks
Jan