Package version match with upstream in reviewing

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 12:33:00 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 2013-06-03, 12:19 GMT, Kalpa Welivitigoda wrote:
> > It is compulsory that a package waiting to be reviewed, be submitted
> > with the latest version in upstream?
>
> Could you elaborate a bit on the particular situation? Why wouldn't you
> go with the latest upstream?

It's always better to go with the latest version unless in an exceptional
case. I just wanted to know whether it is a MUST since it is not clearly
elaborated in the Package Review Guideline [1]

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ReviewGuidelines

> Best,
>
> Matěj
>
> --

Best Regards,

Kalpa Welivitigoda
Junior Treasurer | Electrical Engineering Society
Undergraduate | Department of Electrical Engineering
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka
http://about.me/callkalpa