Call for Bikeshedding: remote auth at install time

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 08:19:18 UTC 2013

> Basically, we (as in, the people who do blocker review) need to know if
> remote auth at install/firstboot time is really important. Once we know
> that, we can go out and get the blocker decisions against anaconda, i-s,
> g-i-s, whatever else correct. Just trust us, and answer the initial
> question. We're doctors. :)

By remote auth at install time fo you mean set it up and log straight
in as a remote user or just set it up? From experience kerberos
generally likes a reboot before it will work properly because it likes
to have realms and reverse DNS and all that stuff right from boot.
Personally I think in a lot of use cases where they setup remote auth
it would be done as part of a kick start install and not matter so
much so personally I don't see it as a blocker issue.

Peter