bodhi client question

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jun 5 21:37:01 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-06-05 at 10:16 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 11:36:27 -0400
> Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, okay, that sounds like two bugs to me:
> >
> > 1) That email shouldn't be sent until the update actually hits testing
>
> It actually has landed on the master mirror. I'm not sure it's
> practical for bodhi to check all mirrors or sample various external
> ones. Perhaps the message could be more clear?

IIRC there are two messages sent: one when the update is submitted
(state is changed to MODIFIED) and one when it is pushed (state is
changed to ON_QA).

To go back to the original question - I don't believe you can split an
update like that with the bodhi client. But you can do it with koji:
'koji download-build --arch=x86_64 --arch=noarch (build ID)' is what I
usually use. Change x86_64 to i686 if appropriate, obviously. Adding
--arch=noarch makes sure you get any noarch subpackages. I think, with
recent koji versions, you can substitute a NEVR for the koji build ID,
which saves you having to go and find the build ID.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey