Differences between mock and koji?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jun 5 22:16:33 UTC 2013

On Wed, 5 Jun 2013 23:08:01 +0100
"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

> Sorry I didn't mean to imply this was hidden.

No worries, just wanted to clarify. ;)

> > There are some oddities due to running RHEL on builders, but I would
> > call it a pretty corner set of cases, not something to panic about.
>
> Actually the worse case is EPEL 6 / RHEL 6 which seem to use a RHEL 5
> kernel.  I have to use an LD_PRELOAD hack to get things to to run
> there [attached].  The issue wasn't with the LD_PRELOAD hack itself
> which is quite small, but with the amount of days I spent debugging
> this.

Uh... thats... not likely.

We have currently 0 RHEL5 hosts, so I am at a loss as to how a RHEL5
kernel would get used anywhere. ;(

Builders are mostly RHEL6/x86_64, with 2 RHEL6 ppc64 hosts and a bunch
of Fedora18 arm SOCs doing things like notifications and tag moves (they
don't yet do any builds at all).

Do you have a link to a task that shows this?

kevin