Fixing proxy support in Fedora (was Re: Orphaning few packages)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jun 6 11:35:25 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 11:55:08AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
>  - *EVERY* application just asks "what proxy should I use for this
>    URL" by default, unless it's explicitly configured otherwise.

I feel your pain, but making every application depend on an
"overcomplex" C++ Javascript interpreter or (even worse) a dbus
connection is going to be very error prone.  Does this include every
time I run 'wget'?

So fine to have it, but make it optional for those that don't need it,
which is almost everyone.

Rich.