Bad file access on the rise

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Sun Jun 9 20:48:56 UTC 2013

On 06/09/2013 01:05 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-06-09 at 16:44 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>> where did you read this?
>
> Where Doug et al keep not responding to Lennart and Matthew's queries as
> to whether the correct fix is to the app or to the audit system, but
> keep repeating that 'there's an audit error!'

Hey!  How did I take top billing in your claim of repeating 'there's an
auditing error' without discussing anything about where it should be
fixed?  A) I didn't really come into the conversation (aside from
talking about performance metrics, nothing else) until after you made
your claim of Steve repeating the same thing as the Holy Grail of Audit.
B) What responses I've made have pretty clearly identified why I thought
audit events are bad, and why it is more problematic to create
exceptions in the audit subsystem than people originally give credit
for...I most certainly have not just repeated some mantra blindly.

Please attribute things correctly.