Heads-up: rpm 4.11.1 rc1 in rawhide

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Mon Jun 10 09:34:04 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I normally wouldn't bother with heads-ups with maintenance release
updates but this one involves more changes than the average bugfix
maintenance update, in particular to address nasty performance
regression on spec parsing speed of certain (*cough* texlive *cough* ...
hi jnovy ;) very complex specs. On my laptop, 'rpmspec --parse
texlive.spec':

rpm 4.10.3.1:   15.6s
rpm 4.11.0.1:   32.8s
rpm 4.11.1-rc1:  3.2s

I'm not aware of any regressions but just in case... keep an eye on your
rawhide builds (especially wrt macro behavior and dependencies) and
please report any new anomalies asap.

	- Panu -