Package Review Requests for Hadoop dependencies

Robert Rati rrati at redhat.com
Mon Jun 10 19:42:54 UTC 2013

I'm working with the Big Data SIG to package hadoop for Fedora.  We're
targeting Fedora 20, but right now there are a number of packages that
hadoop will depend upon that are awaiting review.  All dependent
packages have review BZs logged.

Packages needing review for inclusion into Fedora:
bookkeeper (BZ948589)
groovy (BZ858127)
jets3t (BZ847109)
jspc-compiler (BZ960720)
maven-native (BZ864084)
zookeeper (BZ823122)

One of those packages also has a dependency which also needs to be reviewed:
jtoaster (zookeeper, BZ957337)

If we are to get hadoop into Fedora 20 we need some movement on the
review requests for these packages.  Would anyone, or a group of people,
be willing to review these packages and help us get them into Fedora?

Rob