Late Graphics Test Week report

Martin Holec mholec at redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 15:05:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

this is quick summary of Fedora 19 Intel[1], Nouveau[2] and Radeon[3] Test Days.
Thanks to everybody who joined this event. Especially developers and QEs who were available during all week on IRC and were assisting users with their testing.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2013-04-23_Intel
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2013-04-24_Nouveau
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2013-04-25_Radeon

= Fedora 19 Graphics Test Week report =

Intel:
234567 CLOSED ERRATA - gdm crashes constantly in Parallels F7 install
924708 NEW  - SELinux is preventing /usr/libexec/gdm-session-worker from 'remove_name' accesses on the directory nshadow.
927327 NEW  - gnome-settings-daemon should cap maximum resolution at 2048 pixels in either dimension on Intel adapters that lose 3D acceleration above 2048
928741 CLOSED ERRATA - Totem crashes when I try to play ogv (ogg)
951810 NEW  - [abrt] totem-3.8.0-1.fc19: oc_dec_init: Process /usr/bin/totem-video-thumbnailer was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
955785 NEW  - VDrift game crashes on Intel graphics
955820 NEW  - Laptop screen reset to minimum brightness when switching users
956389 NEW  - SEGV in pymol doing Intel driver test case from test live CD
956746 NEW  - Backlight minimum on resume (only when using Suspend from system menu)

Nouveau:
234567 CLOSED ERRATA - gdm crashes constantly in Parallels F7 install
858503 NEW  - display shows garbage after suspend/resume on W520
861939 NEW  - [Nouveau] Missing some textures in fbo_firecube, teapot and reflect mesa demos
891505 NEW  - Install of F18 not possible with GeForce GT 240 hardware
928741 CLOSED ERRATA - Totem crashes when I try to play ogv (ogg)
956171 NEW  - Graphic doesn't resume correctly after suspend
956184 NEW  - Resume failed on T430
956193 NEW  - Rendering issues after fast user switching
956311 NEW  - User Switching; X Win hang; render problem; button rendering
956362 NEW  - circular locking dependency
956528 NEW  - Strange window placing and resizing using multihead

Radeon:
234567 CLOSED ERRATA - gdm crashes constantly in Parallels F7 install
924317 NEW  - [r600, HD6570] Non-fatal crash: "KWin (kwin), signal: Bus error"
928741 CLOSED ERRATA - Totem crashes when I try to play ogv (ogg)
960138 NEW  - Multihead: flickering on external display for HD 3450

Please developers have a look at the following bugs (if you didn't yet) as one of motivations for users to attend Test Days is that found bugs will be fixed soon via updates after installation.

Note, after almost 2 months there are still lot of NEW bugs. If you need any help with triaging bugs and testing bugfixes, feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Martin Holec
Desktop QE, Red Hat Brno