Does anyone still use system-config-language?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 17:11:08 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-06-11 at 12:42 +0200, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> Hi,
> I wonder if any spin is still using system-config-language. GNOME has

Just as a side note on this, as I wanted to let people know about
it...with many thanks to Vratislav Podzimek, system-config-keyboard
should be working again for Fedora 19, and we've sent an update to
Fedora 18 which should fix it there too. Karma on
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-10293/system-config-keyboard-1.3.1-14.fc19 and https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-10318/system-config-keyboard-1.3.1-14.fc18 would be welcome. It now both reads and sets the system-wide keyboard layout configuration via systemd-localed. If you're running GNOME you should really use GNOME's config tool (which is on the Region & Language panel), and if you're using KDE you can choose to use the system-wide settings or create a KDE-specific user config, but for other desktops, this should be pretty useful.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey