Heads-up: rpm 4.11.1 rc1 in rawhide

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Jun 13 09:11:24 UTC 2013

On 06/12/2013 03:23 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-06-10 at 12:34 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I normally wouldn't bother with heads-ups with maintenance release
>> updates but this one involves more changes than the average bugfix
>> maintenance update, in particular to address nasty performance
>> regression on spec parsing speed of certain (*cough* texlive *cough* ...
>> hi jnovy ;) very complex specs. On my laptop, 'rpmspec --parse
>> texlive.spec':
>
> I think you're labouring under a misapprehension. texlive.spec is not an
> RPM spec file, it is the first circle of hell in textual form. ;)

Yes, which is why its such a good torture-test for the spec parser.

300k lines might be a monster of a spec file, but its hardly a huge
amount of data as such. That parsing it was taking over half a minute on
a fast modern computer only goes to show how braindead some of the
involved code was :)

	- Panu -