help requested for consolehelper/pam in gsmartcontrol

Eric Smith brouhaha at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 13 15:10:02 UTC 2013

I have gsmartcontrol working with consolehelper in F17, but it fails
to launch in F18 and F19, and logs messages like this:

Jun 12 19:33:30 localhost /etc/gdm/Xsession[2594]: The password you typed is in\
valid.
Jun 12 19:33:30 localhost /etc/gdm/Xsession[2594]: Please try again.

I suspect that the pam configuration in /etc/pam.d/gsmartcontrol might
need to change.  What was working in F17 was:

#%PAM-1.0
auth            include         config-util
account         include         config-util
session         include         config-util

Any advice on what to do or how to debug this will be much
appreciated.  The bug is #882555.

I briefly considered trying to convert it to use polkit, but that
looks even more complicated, so if possible I'd like to stick with
consolehelper for now.

Thanks!
Eric