help requested for consolehelper/pam in gsmartcontrol

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jun 13 19:03:18 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-06-13 at 09:21 -0600, Eric Smith wrote:
> I have no idea how it's happening, but I do seem to get another pair
> of these messages to /var/log/messages every time I click on
> gsmartcontrol in the menu.

If I were you I'd just look at any app that's still using consolehelper
and working, and copy its configuration. Shouldn't be too hard. But I
think it's trivial to convert an app to use PK as a simple 'su wrapper'
too, though the recommended thing to do is actually take advantage of
PK's power and make the app only take root privileges when it really
needs them; such a patch would obviously go upstream.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey