icedtea-web installed and enabled by default in Fedora 19

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Sun Jun 16 09:49:25 UTC 2013

I noticed that icedtea-web (the Java browser plugin implementation for
OpenJDK) is installed and enabled by default (as part of the "GNOME
Desktop" set).  This is a bit surprising, considering that the rest of
the world tries to move away from Java browser plugin technology (and
even browser plugin technology in general).

We cannot really remove installed packages after the release, so I'm
wondering if we still can fix this prior to release.