option to ignore flash memory device at USB1.1 "full" speed

John Reiser jreiser at bitwagon.com
Sun Jun 16 21:25:04 UTC 2013

On 06/15/2013 09:38 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 08:24:33AM -0700, John Reiser wrote:
>> How can I force the system not to recognize a USB2.0 flash memory device at USB1.1 speed?

> You can't - it's negotiated at the host controller level, the OS isn't involved.

Thus after the host controller hardware negotiates a slow connection,
then perhaps a udev rule might detect (see "lsusb -v"):
  bcdUSB < 2.00
    bInterfaceClass = 8 Mass Storage
    bInterfaceProtocol = 80 Bulk (Zip)
and raise a warning for me.  Or perhaps I should consider working with
the dbus, or (depending on the desktop environment) enhancing the auto-
mounting apparatus.  I really dislike USB storage at only 1.5MB/s.