bugzilla.redhat.com vs upstream bug trackers

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 13:02:04 UTC 2013

On 06/17/2013 01:00 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 4:52 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> >I would like to avoid creating accounts in gazillion upstream bug trackers,
> Aha! Should the package maintainers play the middle man in the
> gazillion upstream bug tracker accounts? This sounds neither very
> thoughtful nor quite efficient.

It's your responsibility as an maintainer in the distribution to be in
contact with upstream, subscribed to their mailing lists, have an
account in their upstream tracker and participate in their upstream
community so yes that comes with the territory of being a responsible
maintainer in the distribution...

JBG