bugzilla.redhat.com vs upstream bug trackers

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Mon Jun 17 13:43:09 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering what the current guidelines for filing bugs on
> bugzilla.redhat.com are.
> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs_and_feature_requests> welcomes filing
> enhancement requests, but some package maintainers disagree and require
> filing bugs upstream.

The only way I can read
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainer_responsibilities#Deal_with_reported_bugs_in_a_timely_manner
is that bugzilla.redhat.com should be used and not ignored.  OTOH
that's the written policy, not the actual state, which is that some
package maintainers disagree - usually, for what is, from an
individual point of view, a good reason.

In general I'd say that packages where the maintainer that don't have
the time, interest or willingness to handle bugzilla.redhat.com
reports, should get comaintainers if at all possible.
    Mirek