bugzilla.redhat.com vs upstream bug trackers

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 13:52:26 UTC 2013

Emmanuel Seyman píše v Po 17. 06. 2013 v 15:39 +0200:
> * "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" [17/06/2013 12:49] :
> >
> > It's package maintainers responsibility to act as the liason between
> > upstream and Fedora thus reporters only need to report in our
> > Bugzilla instance.
>
> Even when upstream has requested that their bug tracker be the only one used?

Well, I think Red Hat Bugzilla should always be the default option. We
really can't require users to report in other bugzillas.
Of course, if someone is more experienced, more into testing, and want
to help developers/packagers, then they can do whatever works better for
them.
For example, I know that our maintainers of GNOME appreciate bugs
reported directly to GNOME bugzilla because there is a little or zero
delta between upstream and Fedora. So if it's a bug that doesn't
influence Fedora release or something, I report it directly to GNOME
bugzilla. If it's something I found during focused testing of Fedora or
if it might be a release blocker, I always report it to the Red Hat
bugzilla, too.
But I do believe that the general rule should be to report bugs in RH
bugzilla. And that's what we should advertise among users and what
maintainers should be ready for.

Jiri