bugzilla.redhat.com vs upstream bug trackers

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 15:16:17 UTC 2013

On 06/17/2013 02:52 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-06-17 at 14:34 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> refuse to use our own bug tracker ( Like the Red
>> Hat's Gnome developers do )
> Stop saying that, it's not true.

What's not true that Red Hat Gnome developers having been trying to push
Fedora reporters upstream for years and that their attitude is not well
known in the QA community?

Yeah sure maybe not all of you ( and reporters quickly learn who respond
to bug reports and who dont ) but here's this development cycle remarks
of it...

[1] From Martin...

"

Please developers have a look at the following bugs (if you didn't
yet) as one of motivations for users to attend Test Days is that found
bugs will be fixed soon via updates after installation.

Note, after almost 3 months there are lot of NEW bugs in Red Hat
Bugzilla in contrast to many RESOLVED in Gnome Bugzilla. If you need
any help with triaging bugs and testing bugfixes, feel free to contact
me."

And Adam...

"Desktop team...I know you have this thing about not reading RH
bugs...but it really does mean you miss out on what looks like some
valuable information. Can't it be re-considered? Couldn't you at least
task someone to take a sweep through the Test Day bugs?"

Maybe you should accept the truth that is instead of accusing others of
lying here.

JBG

1. https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/desktop/2013-June/008096.html