rpm and config.{guess, sub} (was [aarch64 bugs] dpkg: Does not support aarch64 in f19 and rawhide bug #925276)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 15:29:39 UTC 2013

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:59:06 +0200, Björn Esser wrote:

> I completely agree to this. Using `autoreconf -fi` in %build or %prep
> should be mandatory in packages using autotools.

One problem with that is, one cannot "blindly" run autoreconf -fi and
expect it to be 100% compatible with the multitude of Autotools' based
projects. Typically one will need to update the configure script, m4
macros as well as Makefile.{am,in} templates. And if one doesn't verify
the build framework, one can miss files where regenerating them drops
stuff (as one example, config.h.in files where someone has inserted
stuff the wrong way).

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat) - Linux 3.9.5-301.fc19.x86_64
loadavg: 0.13 0.12 0.08