bugzilla.redhat.com vs upstream bug trackers

"J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 16:08:58 UTC 2013

On 06/17/2013 03:47 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
>> >Maybe you should accept the truth that is instead of accusing others
>> >of lying here.
> I was not accusing you of lying, merely of perpetuating what I consider
> an inaccurate characterization of reality.
>

> Could the team do more?
> Of course.
>
> Do some Red Hat GNOME maintaners almost completely ignore RH Bugzilla?
> Probably.
>
> But there are others who do respond to bugs?
> Yes, even a brief investigation with a list of email addresses and the
> Bugzilla search page would show that.
>
> Could we do with less hyperbole?
> Definitely.

We as a community in whole cannot deal with issues like these ( and
others ) until we have the means to properly health ( reports vs resolve
+ the time it took ) monitor a component in the distribution.

Once we have that the QA community could do the triaging work to reduce
the reports while it was being advertised in the community if some other
maintainers could step up and assist if the component maintainership was
in "bad shape"

We probably could implement some kind of time,share process at that time
as well to prevent maintainers to overload themselves which has a
tendency to lead to maintainers either burning out or simply ignore all
work and us loosing reporters and what not.

JBG