bugzilla.redhat.com vs upstream bug trackers

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 18:20:46 UTC 2013

On Jun 17, 2013 9:04 AM, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:

>> Aha! Should the package maintainers play the middle man in the
>> gazillion upstream bug tracker accounts? This sounds neither very
>> thoughtful nor quite efficient.
>>

> It's your responsibility as an maintainer in the distribution to be in
contact with upstream, subscribed to their mailing lists, have an account
in their upstream tracker and participate in their upstream community so
yes that comes with the territory of being a responsible maintainer in the
distribution..

The emphasis of my sentence was "playing the middle man", rather than
"gazillion upstream trackers". Sorry for not being clear.

As a package maintainer, being the medium to transfer messages back and
forth between upstream and the user is an extremely inefficient way to get
things done. We are package maintainers, not email clients or web browsers.
Please don't be so cruel to us :)

Orcan
(Attempting to send this from android, I hope I did the formatting right.)