icedtea-web installed and enabled by default in Fedora 19

Dan Mashal dan.mashal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 19:26:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Mateusz Marzantowicz
<mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl> wrote:
> On 17.06.2013 17:18, Heiko Adams wrote:
>
> From my point of view the java-plugin is a big security hole and should be
> kicked from default installations ASAP.
>

> Then, why not fix it?
>

> Mateusz Marzantowicz

There is no way in hell anyone here is going to fix the security holes
in Java (open or closed).

The only way to avoid the security holes caused by java is to not use it.

That's like telling someone not to use Firefox because it has security holes.

It might be worth to fix in openjdk but again, openjdk is useless to
me as it is.

Dan