Minimal install diff from F16 to F19 (TC6)

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Thu Jun 20 10:32:35 UTC 2013

Le 20/06/2013 12:18, Harald Hoyer a écrit :
> On 06/20/2013 11:59 AM, Remi Collet wrote:
>> Le 20/06/2013 11:52, Harald Hoyer a écrit :
>>> $ rpm -q --whatrequires json-c
>>> no package requires json-c
>>
>> Probably should try
>>
>> $ rpm -q --whatrequires \
>>   "libjson.so.0()(64bit)" \
>>   "libjson-c.so.2()(64bit)"
>>
>> => pulseaudio, abrt, libreport, ...
>>
>> Remi.
>>

> This cries for the compile option "-Wl,--as-needed"

I think I have explain that when updated to 0.11.

libjson.so is just a artefact to allow applications build with it to
continue to work.

libjson-c.so is the correct library
(renamed by upstream because of name conflicts with other projects).

So, if an application is link with -ljson it will fail and need a fix.

As usually, correct way is to use pkg-config output

$ pkg-config --cflags json-c
-I/usr/include/json-c

$ pkg-config --libs json-c
-ljson-c

And, for compatibility, to avoid to much problem

$ pkg-config --libs json
-ljson-c

Notice : this layer will be dropped in the future.

Remi.