Getting rid of systemd-sysv-convert?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 13:56:40 UTC 2013

On 06/20/2013 01:48 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:

> As much as I'd like to see it go, I don't think we should until we're
> a lot farther along the SysV->systemd migration path, just as a
> practical matter.  I don't think removing this tool now will help us
> travel farther along it.  There are other obstacles, to be sure, but I
> think anything we can keep in place to facilitate migration is a good
> thing.

We are far enough down that path for F20.

Requires(post): systemd-sysv
%triggerun

And that migration script and requirement is so utterly broken because
our users still need to "enable" the relevant service/daemon manually.

Personally I never understood why fpc/fesco required this or what they
had expected our user base suppose to do with that information.

To me it's as equal useless decition as to continue to ship legacy sys v
initscript once they have been migrate which I probably will have to
wind up having to cleanup after them as well.
( fortunately for me there are like only 20 packages out of those ca 600
that do so )

JBG