Minimal install diff from F16 to F19 (TC6)

Eric Smith brouhaha at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 20 18:13:54 UTC 2013

Does NM in F19 support statically assigning multiple subnets to the
same physical interface, WITHOUT using VLANs?  I often need that on
server machines, and wasn't able to figure out any way to do it with
NM on F17, but I haven't yet tried it on F19.

With the old-style network configuration, it was easy to manually
configure this by creating /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/eth3:<n>
config files.  Also, it was very easy to automate creating and
removing them, while I have yet to be successful scripting changes to
NM configurations, though probably I'm overlooking some simple way of
doing that.

Previously it has seemed that the old-style network configuration was
more robust than NM, though not as user-friendly. However, I know that
NM has been getting more robust over time, so that may no longer be
true.

Eric