Getting rid of systemd-sysv-convert?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jun 20 21:27:04 UTC 2013

Am 20.06.2013 23:13, schrieb Matthew Miller:
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 04:17:13PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> why does *anything* still use sysv-init stuff and packages
>> whichare not converted simply not dropped to wake up the
>> maintainer which does *clearly* not his work?
>
> Like..... /etc/init.d/network?

yes - why was such a basic service *not* a systemd-unit
at the F15 release-day?

in my understanding of develop quality software this
would not have happened and systemd at all not be
shipped as replacement until the rest of the distribution
is ready

in the meantime things are *much better* and systemd itself
has also improved a lot - but how F15/F16 in context of
systemd was released is a sign of poor or absent QA or
marketing took over becauuse "we must be first, ever"