Minimal install diff from F16 to F19 (TC6)

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Fri Jun 21 11:17:05 UTC 2013

On 06/20/2013 09:13 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
> nmcli doesn't work unless NM is running, since it talks to NM to do
> stuff, so it would be incompatible with NM setting things up and
> quitting.

It could spawn NetworkManager as a subprocess and use the peer-to-peer
D-Bus protocol to talk to it.  I think quite a few other programs do
things this way.

On the other hand, having NetworkManager available all the time enables
things like management tools to use its API to query system status,
instead of guessing it from kernel information and heuristic analysis of
some files under /etc.